Severn, Avon & Birmingham No.2 (Nicholson)
Popular guide covering the canals and waterways around Birmingham and the River Severn.
Popular guide covering the canals and waterways around Birmingham and the River Severn. Colour Ordnance Survey® maps clearly show locks, towpaths and boating facilities. There are also comprehensive navigational notes as well as descriptions of the towns and villages, pubs and restaurants alongside the waterways.
Waterways covered in this guide – River Avon, Birmingham Canal Navigations (Main Line), Droitwich Canal, Gloucester & Sharpness Canal and the River Severn, Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal, Stourbridge and Dudley Canals, Stratford-on-Avon Canal, Worcester & Birmingham Canal.
In print for over 30 years, the Collins/Nicholson guides to the waterways have always been a vital part of journeys along Britain’s canals and rivers. They are designed for anyone and everyone with an interest in Britain’s inland waterways – from experienced boaters to those planning their first boat trip, as well as walkers, cyclists and visitors.
The Ordnance Survey ® Maps have added information showing:
- Locks, bridges, tunnels, aqueducts, winding holes and towpaths.
- Waterpoints, sanitary stations, pump out facilities and refuse disposal.
- Boatyards, pubs, restaurants and local shops.
- Mile markers and milestones (distance in miles and number of locks to strategic points along the waterways).
- The history and background to each canal.
- Local services and places of interest, pubs and restaurants and NEW for this edition: postcodes added for each place.
- Opportunities for walking and cycling.
- NEW for this edition: notes on wildlife to be found along the waterways.
Comprehensive navigational notes include:
- Maximum dimensions and low bridges.
- Mileages, advice and potential hazards.
- Navigation authorities and contact details.
FREE UK standard delivery is available for orders over £40 (excluding the Festival of Water plaque), otherwise our standard rate is £3.50. This applies to all products except for the Waterways for Today Report which has a delivery charge of £1.70 and the Festival of Water plaque which costs £2.50 in postage (this cost applies even if the order total is above £40).
Orders will usually be dispatched within two working days and sent via Royal Mail. Please note that the delivery time for items ordered from our shop is up to 10 working days.
Please note that we are unable to dispatch items to the EU or the rest of the world.
Please contact the Sales Team for expedited delivery options by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 01494 783453.
Our ‘no quibbles’ guarantee means that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition unopened (with any seals and shrink wrap intact), within 30 days, and we will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item.