Grand Union, Oxford & the South East No.1 (Nicholson)
Popular guide covering the canals and waterways around Birmingham and the River Medway.
Popular guide covering the canals and waterways between Birmingham and the River Medway. Colour Ordnance Survey® maps clearly show locks, towpaths and boating facilities. There are also comprehensive navigational notes as well as descriptions of the towns and villages, pubs and restaurants alongside the waterways.
Waterways covered in this guide – Chelmer & Blackwater Navigation, Grand Union Canal, Lee & Stort Navigations, River Medway, Oxford Canal, River Thames.
In print for over 30 years, the Collins/Nicholson guides to the waterways have always been a vital part of journeys along Britain’s canals and rivers. They are designed for anyone and everyone with an interest in Britain’s inland waterways – from experienced boaters to those planning their first boat trip, as well as walkers, cyclists and visitors.
The Ordnance Survey ® Maps have added information showing:
- Locks, bridges, tunnels, aqueducts, winding holes and towpaths.
- Waterpoints, sanitary stations, pump out facilities and refuse disposal.
- Boatyards, pubs, restaurants and local shops.
- Mile markers and milestones (distance in miles and number of locks to strategic points along the waterways).
- The history and background to each canal.
- Local services and places of interest, pubs and restaurants and NEW for this edition: postcodes added for each place.
- Opportunities for walking and cycling.
- NEW for this edition: notes on wildlife to be found along the waterways.
Comprehensive navigational notes include:
- Maximum dimensions and low bridges.
- Mileages, advice and potential hazards.
- Navigation authorities and contact details.
FREE UK standard delivery is available for orders over £35, or £3.25.
Please note that we are currently unable to dispatch items to the EU or the rest of the world.
Orders will usually be dispatched within two working days and sent via Royal Mail. Please note that due to Covid-19 the delivery time for items ordered from our shop is up to 10 working days.
Please contact the Sales Team for expedited delivery options by emailing email@example.com, or phone 01494 783453.
Our ‘no quibbles’ guarantee means that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition unopened (with any seals and shrink wrap intact), within 30 days, and we will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item.