From Autherley Junction to the Manchester Ship Canal
The Shropshire Union Canal includes two navigable branches, the Middlewich Branch and the River Dee Branch.
There is also a Newport Branch, which is derelict but under restoration as part of the Shrewsbury and Newport Canals, which joins at Norbury Junction.
The Shropshire Union Canal was formed from a group of canal companies, which became the Shropshire Union Railways and Canal Company in 1846.
[The photo shows Nantwich Aqueduct – by Edd Leetham]