Our work has continued through June and July, and much has been done. There is always more to do! Here’s what we’ve achieved recently:
- Our volunteers recovered 8 shopping trollies from the canal and collected about 8 bags of rubbish, plus other assorted bits from the lock 16 area.
- The lockgates were given a fresh coat of paint
- The grass was mowed and strimmed on both sides of the canal
- The by-pass channel was unblocked and the tidied up
- Work has commenced on installing new CRT signage at the Gayton sanitation station and lock 1.
- More mowing at locks 1&2 and planters tidied
- The garage and lock-keeper hut were painted
So well done to all our volunteers! Many hours put in maintaining our canal for all of us to enjoy. There is always more to do, so they’ll be back for more soon!
Anyone interested in coming along can look at the volunteering page for more info and check the events pages for details of task party days.