11 February 2022
Our work never finishes – more clearing of vegetation, litter picking and hedge-laying. Here’s what we’ve achieved recently:
- Our volunteers recovered 11 shopping trollies from the canal
- Our major winter litter pick covered long stretches of The Arm, we filled about 60-70 bags of rubbish!
- The planters were weeded
- Hedge Laying – maintenance, previously laid hedges were trimmed to keep them an appropriate height. We have laid a total of approx 145 metres of hedge, this will be on hold now until Oct to allow our volunteers to do other pressing work.
- Much vegetation overgrowth was cleared – from the canal offside, from an access track and from overhead of the towpath.
- The refurbished bench was installed and another bench base was laid.
- Fencing repairs were done in a number of places
All this was achieved by many hard-working volunteers on a number of task parties from December to beginning of February. Needless to say many of those days were cold and damp. Thank you very much to our hardy volunteers for getting out there and looking after our canal!
Photos of work in progress
Work around the M1 bridge
Repairing a fence
Digging a hole for a fence post
Anyone interested in coming along can look at the volunteering page for more info and check the events pages to check the latest details of task party days and specific dates.